Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ramya - I'm Falling For you!


I experimented with different materials and forms before deciding to build a container that resembled a Hershey's Kisses Candy.
I carved and stuck 4 foam cubes to make a container for my circuit.
I then cut out wooden circles to make the base, but ended up not using them to reduce the weight of the container.
I then cut out two pieces of sheet metal, and glued and riveted them together.
I drilled holes and wove two ribbons through them to pull the four sides of the container together.
I then used 4 more foam cubes to make a cover for the container. I colored them brown to look like chocolate. The pressure applied by the ribbons keeping the sides together kept the lid of the container in place. 
I wrapped the entire container in paper to resemble candy wrapping. 
It survived the fall, and bounced on landing!













































No comments:

Post a Comment