Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Aderinsola Akintilo: A3

This design is a little more refined than my previous one. This was done a little faster than the first, the issue however, is that there is lack of symmetry and smoothness (both on the inside and out). A significant problem i ran into, was that I wanted to curve the mask to fit the wearer's face. However, the remaining foam was not as thick as I anticipated. I was also unable to attach "windshield wipers" to the mask. Norman's article affected my design the most because, in order for me to create something aesthetically pleasing, I needed to study the human form and characteristics more: something I failed to do in my first iteration. I made the mask one piece instead of three, added a lens to the eyes, and made it a lot more comfortable and easier to wear. Although this iteration did not come out as planned, it is definitely a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment